Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Thing I have learnt recently

Life is a learning experience and something I have learnt off late is very personal. Through a series of experiences I have learnt that at the end of the day, no matter what the situation, if there is a mistake it is my fault. This learning experience has made me not only sceptic of human nature but also bitter. Although emotional in my outlook I can also reason out this learning through looking at history.
Responsibility is a strong, subjective word. History shows that no one has been ready to accept responsibility. When one examines the causes leading up to the Second World War, the responsibility has been forced upon Hitler; a dead man who cannot speak for himself. Yet the victor countries have not explored their fault in the matter. Who were the ones to punish Germany to an extent that Hitler was pushed to power? Who were the ones to placate Hitler in the beginnings of an obvious crisis? Although Hitler was at fault, the major fault lies with the victor nations who allowed Hitler to continue with his aggressive acts. Yet these countries till date have not accepted their responsibility on the matter. This world history example can be linked to day to day life where people refuse to accept their responsibility on a fault.
Mistakes occur not just due to one cause. There are many causes involved yet the “blame game” does not allow for these various causes to be explored. Even it is a mere mistake of breaking a vase or a grave mistake like a teacher making an error with something that affects the lives of the student, taking responsibility is only taken by the bravest. Instead one aims to blame another. Personally I have been blamed for things that were not entirely my fault. The numbers of times I have been blamed has allowed me to thus learn to accept every mistake to be mine even is not. That helps in lesser fights and those people happy even if it does sacrifice one’s own peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment